[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore cleanup

Cameron Zwarich cwzwarich at webkit.org
Sun Sep 7 13:56:44 PDT 2008

Now that SquirrelFish Extreme has landed, we should perform some of
the cleanup that we've been itching to do for a while now. A few items
immediately come to mind, but I am sure there are others:

1) Directory reorganization. We should split the code into more
logical units than kjs, pcre, wrec, and VM (which is also in capitals
in violation of our style guidelines). Some things in the VM directory
also don't really belong there. Sam and Maciej talked about this in
detail in the past, and I think everyone is essentially in agreement
about what to do, so we should do it in the next few days.

2) Bringing all source files up to our coding style guidelines. Sam,
myself, and others have been doing this bit by bit, but we should
finish the job.

3) Removing the KJS namespace. There are a few options:

1) JavaScriptCore

2) JSC

3) JSCore

4) SFX

A lot of people feel that #1 is too long. I like #2, and think that
#4. We should decide on something and carry out the change soon.

Cameron