[webkit-dev] FrameLoaderClient misses NewWindowAction policy check

Anton V. Tarasov Anton.Tarasov at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 3 04:56:30 PDT 2008

Hello Team,

Let me ask a question on the browsing policy check mechanism in the WebCore.

Comparing these two call stacks:

FrameLoader::continueAfterNavigationPolicy
FrameLoaderClient::dispatchDecidePolicyForNavigationAction
FrameLoader::checkNavigationPolicy
FrameLoader::load

FrameLoader::continueAfterNewWindowPolicy
FrameLoaderClient::dispatchDecidePolicyForNewWindowAction
FrameLoader::checkNewWindowPolicy
FrameLoader::load

I found out that the latter actually doesn't check the NewWindowAction policy =(

The method FrameLoader::continueAfterNavigationPolicy (the first stack)
calls m_client->canHandleRequest(request) in its turn in order to request
an approval from the client. However the method FrameLoader::continueAfterNewWindowPolicy
(the second stack) does nothing to get an approval. The class FrameLoaderClient misses
a method like "canOpenNewWindow" at all...

Could you please tell me if I'm wrong (and what is the solution then?)
or should I propose a patch.

Thank you in advance,
Anton.