[webkit-dev] Where are all the Chromium source files?

Brett Wilson brettw at chromium.org
Wed Oct 29 09:31:23 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I've seen some patches recently that add code that says:
>
>    #if PLATFORM(CHROMIUM)
>    #include "XXXChromium.h"
>    #endif
>
> But these XXXChromium.h files haven't been checked in. Is this intentional?
> Could we get these Chromium-specific files into the WebKit repository too?
>
>    -- Darin

We're currently working on getting our port checked in. Having our
port separate creates a significant amount of extra work for us as
other files are changed.

Please see Darin Fisher's post explaining our approach
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2008-October/005518.html
Having our port files live on webkit.org is actually counterproductive
to us unless we're living on tip-of-tree. This is because, as we work
on our port (and currently there is a lot of work as we refactor
things to better fit in WebKit), these files would have to go in two
places.

So the first step to doing this is to get the files in WebKit that
we've forked upstreamed. This is what you're currently seeing as the
addition of the includes. Once all these files are upstreamed to you,
we can be pulling tip-of-tree WebKit and the rest of our port can be
moved easily. I hope we can agree that the current temporary approach
of changing includes and other bits of header files without checking
everything in is a useful and necessary first step toward everybody's
eventual goal of having our entire port live on svn.webkit.org.

Brett