[webkit-dev] Shadow nodes in webkit

Giri Rao giri.rao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:22:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am running into a bit of a problem, let me try and explain the best I can:

I am traversing RenderObject tree in webkit.  I notice that there are
certain nodes (accessed using render_object->node()) which are shadow nodes
(node->isShadow() returns true).  I note down the address of one such node,
lets say the address is 100.  The node name of this node is "DIV"

Now, I traverse the dom tree using Node, for each node I note down the
node's address. I am noticing that I am not seeing any nodes while
traversing the dom tree whose address is 100.

So two questions:
1.  Why would webkit create a node which is not part of the dom tree?
2.  What are shadow nodes?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks
Giri