[webkit-dev] EOT Support in WebKit

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Oct 17 19:02:10 PDT 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 6:43 PM, Amanda Walker wrote:
> Agreed--and I'll repeat that I don't like eot; I was just surprised
> by Dave's reaction (which I now have more insight into :-))

I think Dave may have stated things a bit hyperbolically. But I think
it is true that EOT support in other browsers to some extent
undermines the success of TTF fonts on the Web, just as support for
VML in other browsers would likely undermine SVG to some extent.

Now, at some point a strong enough compatibility argument wins over
the format war argument but it is worthwhile to explore alternatives.

Regards,
Maciej