[webkit-dev] webkit core need to be cleanly separated from "ports", behind a vector table

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Wed Oct 15 03:38:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 08:04 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:47 PM, David Hyatt <hyatt at apple.com> wrote:
> > The term "webkit core" in your subject is very confusing.  Do you mean
> > WebKit or WebCore?  There is platform-specific code in both.
>
>  apologies.
>
>  i mean "whichever bit that you link webkit link against to produce a
> gtk port, or a qt port, or a wx port".

While I agree that it would be nice to have a separate library to which
both the GTK+ and Qt ports could link, for instance, I believe this
model would somewhat remove the agility the project has of refactoring
and redesigning big parts of the code. API stability would be something
to worry not only for the most outern layer (the port), and that would
complicate matters.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>