[webkit-dev] My Windows build notes

Mike Belshe mike at belshe.com
Mon Oct 13 16:09:24 PDT 2008

It took me a while to get my windows build going, so I thought I'd share
what I learned:
1) I had to completely start over with cygwin.  I uninstalled and
reinstalled using the cygwin-downloader from here:
http://webkit.org/building/tools.html

2) Several components were missing from cygwin:
    - perl, make, gcc, bison, gperf, curl, unzip, flex

3) Used cpan "get Win32API::Registry to download that module

4) After downloading the source, I also had to run update-webkit.  I suspect
this is a required step, although I don't think it is documented?

I'm happy to update documentation if you point me at it; but I'm not sure if
my experience is due to pilot error or if things have changed.

Thanks,
Mike