[webkit-dev] adjust timeout for non-responsive url's

Julien Chaffraix jchaffraix at pleyo.com
Fri Oct 10 09:45:36 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Pitaga <achats at blarg.net> wrote:
> I'd appreciate a pointer to the code that determines the wait time when
> attempting to load a page from a non-responsive server.

The ResourceRequest class
(WebCore/platform/network/ResourceRequestBase.h) has a timeout value
that could be used for that. By default, there no timeout value so the
timeout depends on the network library used. You could try to set a
default timeout in ResourceRequest constructors.
WebCore/loader so you may want to see which one is involved and sets
its timeout accordingly. In your case, I would start with the
FrameLoader (maybe try adding a custom timeout in
FrameLoader::addExtraFieldsToRequest).

Hope it helps,
Julien