[webkit-dev] segfault when having multiple webkit instances (got backtrace)

Oliver Hunt oliver at apple.com
Mon Oct 6 02:18:11 PDT 2008

No amount of locking will save you -- webkit uses many threads itself
-- many (if not most) of which then post messages directly to the main
application thread, on the assumption that all webviews are being
controlled by that one thread.

--Oliver

On Oct 6, 2008, at 1:24 AM, Luka Napotnik wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that locking the GDK subsystem
> before every call to WebKit is not enough. Can this be a problem with
> the way how WebKit manages memory? Is there a locking function for
> that?
>
> Greets,
> Luka
>
> Dne 06.10.2008 (pon) ob 01:10 -0700 je Maciej Stachowiak zapisal(a):
>> On Oct 6, 2008, at 12:50 AM, Luka Napotnik wrote:
>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I have a program that uses the webkit engine (gtk+ port) for
>>> intense-rendering. I have about 10 threads, each with it's own
>>> webkit
>>> instance. While there's no problem when only two instances are