[webkit-dev] High Resolution Timer API proposal(s)

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Thu Oct 2 18:07:13 PDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Darin Fisher wrote:

> On a separate thread, it was discussed that it is useful to support
> microsecond resolution for future proofness.

I proposed seconds so that it was more clear that fractional versions
could be used, and because specifying microseconds as fractional
milliseconds seems awkward to me. But whatever the baseline
resolution, I think fractional values should be supported so there
isn't an artificial floor to the resolution on future hardware.

  - Maciej