[webkit-dev] Enum naming style?

Peter Kasting pkasting at chromium.org
Wed Oct 1 17:16:55 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Paul Pedriana <ppedriana at gmail.com> wrote:

>      >> One can use Color::Brown to solve ambiguities if necessary
>
> That would be invalid C++. If a given compiler accepts it then the compiler
> is not strictly conforming. See the C++ Standard section 7.2 and section 9.2
> p1. A scoping operator prefixed to an enumerand refers to the enclosing
> scope (class or namespace).

You're right, my bad memory.  Normally I have something like:

class MyClass {
  enum Color {
    Brown, Red, ...
  }
};

...And in this case I was thinking of what amounts to MyClass::Brown, not
Color::Brown.  But my brain elided the class out and said "no, no, you can
use enum names as scopes!"  Bad brain.  No biscuit.

PK