[webkit-dev] how to destroy JSObjescts?

Iulian iliescu.iulian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:23:04 PST 2008

This is not what i want. I just want to avoid memory leaks.
With JSGarbageCollect is a little better, but not perfect.

I'll try to explain my scenario, maybe this will help.

I extended GTKLauncher to provide aditional JavaScript objects.
Actually i create two objects:
One with JSObjectMake(), called myStaticObject, that has some static values
and a finalize function.
One with JSObjectMakeConstructor(), called myDynamicObject, that will be
used with new() and has initialize() and finalize() functions.

I start the GTKLauncher with a page that contains my JavaScript code, that
creates a myDynamicObject with new() and them i close the application.

With JSGarbageCollect() the finalize() function of myStaticObject gets
called, but the finalize() function of myDynamicObject doesn't get called.

Without JSGarbageCollect() no finalize() function gets called.

Iulian