[webkit-dev] Java scripts related question

Arun Patole webkit.arunp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 03:35:36 PST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to modify current two pass rendering model and have some
questions regarding it.

Current behaviour:
While displaying/loading html pages, it is first displaying a page skipping
all java sripts(JS) and stylesheets(CSS).
Once all the external JS and CSS are loaded, it does a second pass with
applying CSS and running scripts. Here it just dropps the current document,
creates new document and writes all html contents again.

Here is what I am trying to do:
Instead of dropping existing document and creating new, I am just trying to
create document fragments for all scripts and then insert it at appropriate
place in existing document once all the external resources are available.

My question:
As I cannot execute scripts directly on document fragments, I want to get
the output of script and then create a document fragment with it. How can I
do this? How can I get the output of scripts, any existing api's available?

Please let me also know if you have any other inputs related to this.

Thanks,
Arun