[webkit-dev] Fwd: Using WebKit's markup as facility of Chrome's DOM serializer

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Nov 19 09:43:40 PST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 12:45 AM, Johnny Ding wrote:

> For adding above features to markup. I think we can define a
> abstract class called MarkupClient

I think it's fine to add a client interface to make the markup
machinery extensible. But the five features you're talking about above
seem to all be things that should be added to WebKit, making the
markup functions more capable for all WebKit users rather than adding
Chrome-only code for these things.

Some features may be so unusual that they should be kept out of the
core WebKit code, but none of the ones you list above seem that unusual.

Before adding an extensibility mechanism to the markup functions, I
suggest you instead consider how to add these additional features. As
the number of arguments to markup becomes larger, the right thing to
do would be to create an object to hold all of the options and pass
that in, rather than having a long list of arguments.

     -- Darin