[webkit-dev] Can't build webkit!

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Wed Nov 12 21:57:24 PST 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 9:48 PM, Raymond Lasten wrote:

> This is what I get:
> Performing Pre-Build Event...
> Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'c:\Windows
> \system32\cmd.exe'.
> Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were
> not found:
> $(PRODUCTION)
> Results
> Build log was saved at "file://C:\cygwin\home\Raymond\WebKit
> \WebKitBuild\obj\WebKit\Release\BuildLog.htm"
> WebKit - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
> I have installed all the tools including the Quicktime SDK and have
> no idea what the problam may be aside from what it's telling me
> about the $(PRODUCTION) variable...

This output does not mention any errors at all, it only indicates that
a previous project failed to build.  You should check the build log
files for the other projects and find one that *doesn't* mention
"Error result 1 returned from 'c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe'." in the
"Output Window" section.

- Mark