[webkit-dev] issue: accessing DOM elements directly, without using getElementById() from inside javascripts

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Wed Nov 12 09:41:35 PST 2008

Please file a bug using <https://bugs.webkit.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=WebKit> and attach your reduced test case.  Thanks!

Dave

________________________________
From: "Deshpande, Raghavendra" <raghavendra.deshpande at philips.com>
To: "webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org" <webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:58:39 AM
Subject: [webkit-dev] issue: accessing DOM elements directly, without using getElementById() from inside javascripts

Hi All,

    In Gtk-Webkit browser,  we are facing issues with respect to accessing DOM elements directly, without using getElementById() from inside javascripts. We have many XHTML pages written already, without using getElementById() and all the pages are perfectly working fine in Opera.

As “Chrome” is built using webkit, I tried testing the pages on ‘Chrome’. To my surprise, the same files worked fine in ‘Chrome’.

Then, I tried with Safari, (latest nightly updated), the behavior is same as Gtk-Webkit. It throws, “Can’t  find variable: DOM element name”

Have any of you faced such an issue?, Is there any fix for it?
As we can’t change the pages now, Is there any temporary hack?

Warm Regards,
Raghavendra