[webkit-dev] [Fwd: Fwd: Re: Moving forward with WebKit/GTK+]

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Sun Nov 9 03:12:25 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 23:18 +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > I think this could be a very efficient way to make the API stuff
> > progressing quickly - at all cost lol (since time is the ultimate dead
> > line).
>
> In general I like your idea, specially with Gtk+ 3.0 in sight we know we can
> break API soon so it seems like a good idea to gain experience in that area
> and it would not hurt us too much to add something stupid.

Yep =) Alp was talking about branching, maybe using FreeDesktop's
infra-structure, and giving direct access to the code to more people, as
an experience, too.

> One minor issue, I would prefer a mailinglist (maybe I'm just too old):

I agree (and prefer) the mailing list. I was thinking of requesting it
to GNOME, but since Alp is thinking of branching to FreeDesktop I'm
going to look up how to request a mailing list at lists.freedesktop.org,
if everyone is OK with it.

See you,

--