[webkit-dev] leak

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Tue Nov 4 13:04:39 PST 2008

On Tue, 11/4/08, mario bensi <mbensi at pleyo.com> wrote:

> I seen in Changeset 3810, you force a leak, it's the
> same thing for the cache
> and others parts in webCore, I would understand why you
> want leak some part of
> code ?

Do you mean r38104?

http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/38104

This change was made to prevent destructors from being called on shutdown, both to prevent random crashes (since the order in which the destructors are called is non-deterministic) and to make shutdown faster.

They are "leaks" only in the strictest sense of the term since only one instance of them is ever created, and it's held in a static variable.

Dave