[webkit-dev] [Fwd: Fwd: Re: Moving forward with WebKit/GTK+]

Pierre-Luc Beaudoin pierre-luc.beaudoin at collabora.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 01:08:27 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 10:35 -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I would suggest setting up a mailing list, post proposed API
> changes there, and let them be official after a week if there was no
> objection. If bugs are tagged as being API reviewed (by whatever
> process), then others could focus on technical and style issues during
> review.

I think this could be a very efficient way to make the API stuff
progressing quickly - at all cost lol (since time is the ultimate dead
line).

We could setup a Keyword for such bugs in Bugzilla: gtk-api.

I suggest that we use the bugzilla for the API discussions (unless we
have a review meeting like we had last weeks).  We should have a list of
people to CC automatically.  Christian Dywan is probably already CCed on
such bugs, but whom else should we invite to the discussion?

7 days after the keyword is added would be "auto approval" deadline.  If
comments are added, the patch submitter should reply and the timer will
restart on his new patch or on his reply (if he refutes the arguments).

We could go ahead by adding the keyword to 2 pending API patches a week
(not to overload ourselves).

Once the dead line is passed, a simple comment on the bug should suffice
to mention it.

Is that a good idea/process?