[webkit-dev] What can make the HTML5 web cache be dropped?

Victor Suba vosuba at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:32:46 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm using the HTML5 cache manifest on an iPhone web-app that I want to run
offline, however sometimes the cache will be lost and I can't use the
web-app offline anymore.  It's not clear to me under what conditions that
would happen; it seems that browsing other websites can make the cache get
dropped.  Is it something specific to iPhone's cache limits or a known limit
of the webkit implementation?  I don't know how can I control this; if an
app is supposed to work offline it shouldn't arbitrarily stop working.

Thanks,
Victor