[webkit-dev] DOMXPathEvaluator

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Sun May 25 18:46:30 PDT 2008

On 25/05/2008, at 18:27, Igor Sales wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I apologize in advance if this is not the right place. I have been
> searching the web for answers, but cannot find them.
>
> I have been trying to run an XPath query via DOMXPathEvaluator
> object in a cocoa App that uses WebKit.

Per <http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-XPath/xpath.html#Interfaces>:

"The evaluation of XPath expressions is provided by XPathEvaluator. In
a DOM implementation which supports the XPath 3.0 feature, as
described above, the XPathEvaluator interface will be implemented on
the same object which implements the Document interface".

That is, you can make use of -[DOMDocument
evaluate:contextNode:resolver:type:inResult] to evaluate an XPath
query.  All of the relevant interfaces are exported in headers in the
latest WebKit source so no changes should be required to use these
methods against a WebKit framework that you have compiled yourself.

Kind regards,

Mark Rowe