[webkit-dev] Preventing menus on Windows

Johan Lund jl at bindows.net
Thu May 22 13:43:30 PDT 2008

22 maj 2008 kl. 18.56 skrev Alexey Proskuryakov:

> On May 22, 2008, at 5:38 PM, Johan Lund wrote:
>
>> How can I prevent e.g. the File menu to popup on Alt-F in Safari in
>> Windows?
>

> We do not allow web pages to suppress handling of system keys events
> like this, matching Internet Explorer.
>
> - WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov

Since Alt+F its a mnemonic that opens the file menu; when you have
your own dhtml "file" menu you might want to have that to open on alt
+f instead.
Right now we get both our own menu and the system menu opened.
We managed to prevent this on IE in some way, although I remember that
there were some other shortcuts that we couldn't prevent.  So I
thought; ok I'll open my app in a new window without the menu.

<button onclick="window.open('http://www.bindows.net', '_blank',
'menubar=0,location=0,status=0,toolbar=0,scrollbars=1')">Hello World</
button>

But the menu opens on alt+f anyway! Is that a bug or per design?

I also need to prevent tab sometimes, can that be done?

/Johan