[webkit-dev] out of control javascript

Rob Burns robburns1 at mac.com
Sat May 10 06:18:04 PDT 2008

earlier I wrote:
> So my question is that are these simply poorly written plugins and
> poorly written javascripts? Is there any way for WebKit to keep
> these somehow in check (loading a YouTube video and leaving it
> running in a background tab or window is an especially egregious
> consumer of processor cycles).

Just to clarify. I'm not talking about leaving the videos themselves
running. I saying even with the videos fully downloaded and paused the
background document uses an excessive amount of processor cycles. I
see this with other sites too (.Mac web galleries), though not to the
extreme of YouTube.

My entire message: