[webkit-dev] dectecting changes from event handling

jligman at mindspring.com jligman at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 26 08:35:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to understand event handling in the webkit. I have a few questions/confusions. Could anyone tell me how to detect layout changes in the view that are triggered from the event model? For example, when a click occurs on a element with an onclick eventlistener registered that modifies the layout how does this work? I wanted to see when the layout changes, so I poked around and noticed that I could detect if a layout is pending after I sending the event to the eventhandler, but this is general and I don't know how to determine what triggered the layout from here. So, I am wondering if there is something more specific (such as setting a callback with the event handler) that would help me see when the event handler is changing the layout. Basically, I am trying to understand how dhtml event processing works in the engine, so any non-specific (i.e. look at this code/file for a better understanding) type information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Joe Ligman