[webkit-dev] Successful Webkit Build on Windows but Error Running Webkit

Steve Falkenburg sfalken at apple.com
Fri Mar 14 10:51:19 PDT 2008

We don't support VC++ Express 2008 at this point.  2005 is still
available for download, and can be installed alongside 2008.  There's
a link to the 2005 download at: http://webkit.org/building/tools.html

2008 doesn't work at the moment since we haven't converted all of the
dependent DLLs to 2008.  That conversion is necessary since 2008 uses
a newer version of the C runtime library.
(Before someone asks, yes, we could load both versions into memory,
but some of the dependent DLLs are missing manifests, and can't locate
the 2005 C runtime lib themselves.)

-steve