[webkit-dev] WebKit not caching properly?

Cameron McCormack cam at mcc.id.au
Fri Mar 14 00:17:07 PDT 2008

Hi.

I thought I experienced cases where WebKit was re-requesting resources
when it should have been caching them, so I made a small test:

  http://arc.mcc.id.au/temp/2008/cache-test

It’s a script that outputs a header:

  Last-Modified: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT

that also outputs the time at which the script runs.  After loading the
page the first time, I would expect that clicking on the link would
request the page with an If-Modified-Since header, and for the cached
page to be shown.  This doesn’t happen, though; the page is
re-requested and the time shown updates.

Is this a bug?  Or is there a way I can tell WebKit to cache as I expect
it?

Thanks,

Cameron

--