[webkit-dev] Windows build error during link

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 17:40:19 PST 2008

Yes.  build-webkit --debug builds the correct target.  If you go into the
IDE, it's easy to accidentally build the "debug_Internal" target, which will
give the errors you report.

I don't believe that you actually get the same errors when building via
Cygwin, since the build-webkit script does not call the "debug_internal"
target.  Would you mind rerunning the cygwin version and report the errors?

I have found that build errors early in the process will cause failures that
look the same further on because certain post-build steps will not take
place (due to the failure) and then various auto-generated files will not be
created, files will not be copied to build-expected include directories, and
so forth.

Good luck!

-Brent