[webkit-dev] Link Error : LNK1106( Win32/Release)

William Seo william.seo at openwave.com
Tue Jun 24 02:26:09 PDT 2008

Hi all.

I am trying to build webkit in release mode and get an error like
following.

I used Visual studio 2005 and also installed service
pack(VS80sp1-KB926601-X86-ENU.exe)

I was able to build in debug mode(win32/debug), but wasn't in release
mode(win32/release)

Is there anybody can give me some clue? Please help me.

7>Performing Pre-Link Event...

7>on if not exist "e:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\public\sym" mkdir
"e:\WebKit\WebKitBuil

d\public\sym"

7>Creating library...

7>e:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\lib\WebCore.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid
file or d

isk full: cannot seek to 0x2FB26EFA

7>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were
not found

:

7>$(PRODUCTION)

7>$(AnalyzeWithLargeStack)

7>Build log was saved at
"file://e:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\WebCore\Release\BuildLog.htm"

7>WebCore - 1 error(s), 214 warning(s)

Thanks.

William.