[webkit-dev] Problem concerning WebKit

Mamikon Mirzoyan mamikon_mirzoyan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 23:24:37 PDT 2008

Dear ...

I am a SW engineer working in a project that needs to use Webkit inside of it.

have a problem with linking libwebkit.a.  I built WebKit library in
MSys MinGW environment under Windows XP and got a libwebkit.a (hope
successfully), and now I can't build a simple application (port is GTK).
The
following error is occurred " ... undefined reference to
`_imp__xmlFree' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" and some others
like this.

In the libwebkit.a it is written "__imp__xmlFree" instead of "_imp__xmlFree", so the difference is just an underscore.
A simple question comes up -  Is there a method to change the generated prefix "__imp" into "_imp"?

Could you please help me to solve this problem or provide another appropriate reference (e-mail, web-link, phone number, etc.)?

passed through a bunch of web-pages, forums, mail-lists, etc.  but
unfortunately couldn't find a working approach to resolve the issue.  I
am also going to open a bug in Webkit Bugzilla hopping that someone
will help.

The above described is just an outline of the
problem.  If you are ready to support me, I can provide you more
details (as much as you need).

I will do appreciate any help from your side.  It is really urgent and very important for me and for my project.

With Best Regards,
Mamikon Mirzoyan