[webkit-dev] fastMallloc

Balázs Kelemen binarymind99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 07:32:29 PDT 2008

Hi Webkit developers!

I would ask you about the use of the tcmalloc system. I believed that it is
the default malloc system under Webkit. But when I browsed the code, I had
realized that if the USE_SYTEM_MALLOC directive is set, operator new and
operator delete doesn't overridden by fastMalloc and fastFree, and that case
fastMalloc and fastFree calls malloc and free. It is the standard malloc and
free? Moreover I can't find any definition of this functions in the case
when USE_SYSTEM_MALLOC isn' set. In my system -I work with the Qt port on
Linux in the team of University Szegediensis- the Makefiles contain
-DUSE_SYSTEM_MALLOC in release and debug builds too.

Thanks for your help!
Balázs