[webkit-dev] How to use webkit ?

Nemix ereas_dre at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:57:06 PDT 2008

Hi ^^

After a discussion with my boss, I have to study a little more webkit
solution.
So I looked for webkit solution again since yesterday.

Dave, you said :
>I'm not sure how well Eclipse supports Objective-C.  I'd recommend using
Xcode, which is the free IDE
>available for Mac OS X.

Hmm I haven't Mac OS, I have Windows and can't develop on Mac at the moment
(... and maybe never for this project ...). And XCode seems not to be
available for Windows.
So I search for something to develop with webkit and Objective-C on Windows.

I have had a look on Apple website as Brent said. But they talk about XCode
and nothing else (I haven't seen something else but maybe have I forgotten
something ^^).

I have seen :
"It is also possible to write Objective-C Cocoa programs in a simple text
editor and build it manually with GCC or GNUstep's makefile scripts."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoa_(software)
Does it work in my case ?

I prefer to develop on a software... Do you know an other solution ?

If I develop my application for iPhone thanks to documents, tools and videos
on this page : http://developer.apple.com/iphone/
Will my web application run for Mac OS at 100% ? I am not sure about the
answer... so I prefer to ask a confirmation  ;)

Thank you very much !