[webkit-dev] Questions about WebKit Platform/Toolkit abstraction layer

belay belay117 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:26:24 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am a beginner of WebKit, and I've tried to find the documents about
WebKit's Platform/Toolkit abstraction layer(API), but i found nothing.
What i mean is that like Qt port of WebKit, i think the architecture as
below:

Qt API: like QWebPage, QWebFrame, QWebSetting, etc.
====== Platform abstraction layer ======
WebKit - WebCore - JavaScript Core
====== Toolkit abstraction layer ======
Qt core module

I would like to ask, where can I find WebKit Platform/Toolkit abstraction
layer of relevant information?
Or I just can find what I need by tracing the WebKit source code?

What I have to do is to port WebKit onto a proprietry embedded platform
So that I have to find document about "abstraction layer", just like APIs
supported by "pure WebKit"
Why I say "pure WebKit" because in WebKit's source code, I saw the Mac port,
Qt port, Gtk port, but I didn't know where to begin using WebKit...
(Or not so-called "pure WebKit"?)

If there are WebKit porting example, or any relevant information, that's
also helpful to me!

If there is something incorrect, please let me know.
Thanks!

Best Regards
Belay