[webkit-dev] version confusion

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 02:16:22 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm new to WebKit and wanted to download and build the S60WebKit.  I
found this page http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/S60ConfigureComputer, it
states:

"Note: The S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 is currently incompatible
with the S60WebKit codebase. Please ensure you select "3rd Edition
(262 MB)" and not "3rd Edition, FP 1 (355 MB)" from the listbox."

I have a couple of queries regarding this:

1) I have read that only phones that use the Nokia S60 SDK FP 2 come
with the Web RunTime (WRT) environment (which I understand to be
pretty much the S60WebKit). So my question is: How can the S60WebKit
be incompatible with S60 SDK FP 1, when phones the come packaged with
the WRT come under S60 FP 2?

2) Relating to question 1: Is the S60WebKit still incompatible with
S60 SDK FP 1, and if so, does this mean it is also incompatible with
S60 SDK FP 2?

Cheers,
Jack