[webkit-dev] Outstanding Work

Boyd Waters bwaters at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 9 16:05:57 PDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Dave Cronk wrote:

> I've been testing WebKit on the Mac and Windows for about 3 months.
> I'm continually amazed at the performance and stability of WebKit.
> In essence, the work you've done has totally changed the way I browse.

Don't want to clutter the list with kudos...

oh, why not!

The WebKit is *fantastic*. You all should be proud.

I was one of two contract employees hired by Netscape in 1997 to help
major content partners roll out "dynamic content", in preparation of
the NS 4.0 launch. Trying to teach people to use this thing called
"Java-Script"... Needless to say, "dynamic HTML" was premature during
the Great Browser War of 1997.

What the WebKit team has done far exceeds anything that we could have
imagined then.

Go team!

   - boyd

Boyd Waters