[webkit-dev] WebKit Fails to build in XCode 3.1

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Thu Jul 3 15:24:05 PDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Samuel Davis wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me :-)
>
> After running *which iconv* I get the following:
>
> Macintosh:~ samueljd$ which iconv
> /sw/bin/iconv
>

> After running *iconv --version* I get the following:
>
> Macintosh:~ samueljd$ iconv --version
> iconv (GNU libiconv 1.9)
> Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
> is NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE.
> Written by Bruno Haible.
>
> Yes! I do have Fink installed on my Mac and I also have the latest
> version of Mac OSX installed (i.e Leopard 10.5.4).

You have an older version of iconv installed via fink than what comes
with Leopard.  Either remove /sw/bin from your PATH environment
variable, move it to the end of PATH after /usr/bin so that system
binaries take preference, upgrade the version of iconv that you have
installed via fink, or edit the copystrings script to hard-code /usr/
bin/iconv.  Any of these approaches should resolve your problem.

- Mark