[webkit-dev] Canvas

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Jul 3 11:42:59 PDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 10:22 AM, Mario Bensi wrote:

> I have look lot of #PLATFORM in WebCore/html/Canvas* and it's very
> difficult to read the code and if it's platform dependant, i don't
> understand why it's not in plaform directory

We've been gradually fixing this. The platform-independent
CanvasRenderingContext2D should be built on top of features in the
platform-specific GraphicsContext class.

The PLATFORM ifdefs in that file are all due to the fact that this
project hasn't been completed.

An example of a function where we have completed the work is
CanvasRenderingContext2D::strokeRect(). An example of a function where
we have not yet done the work is CanvasRenderingContext2D::fill().
Eventually we'll finish the job and CanvasRenderingContext2D will not
have any PLATFORM in it any more.

     -- Darin