[webkit-dev] memory consumption

Paul Pedriana ppedriana at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:18:56 PDT 2008

For our uses and a lot of other non-PC uses, memory is more important
than speed. The memory budget we are targeting is <= 10 MB for code+data
to display a small blank visual page that executes a 'hello world' type
JavaScript function. So 8MB is a lot.

I'm wondering if there is a way to control the memory/speed tradeoff.
The tcmalloc memory allocator makes a similar tradeoff whereby it uses
more memory to gain speed, whereas a non-PC application would usually
want to use a more traditional allocator + small block allocator.