[webkit-dev] How do do incremental build?

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue Jul 1 16:49:43 PDT 2008

Am Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:20:31 -0700
schrieb Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com>:

> On 2008-07-01, at 14:57, Joshua Chia wrote:
>
> > The GTK page http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk says to run
> > autogen.sh and make.  There's no mention of build-webkit.  Also,
> > when I try to run WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit, I get:
>
> Try "build-webkit --gtk".
>
> - Mark

Actually running ./autogen.sh and make in the root folder is the
recommended way of building the gtk port of WebKit.

Running make repeatedly normally does what you want, it checks for
updated files and incrementally rebuilds the files that need to.

Joshua, if you are running into problems, please give us more details
about the exact folder, command and error messages.

ciao,
    Christian