[webkit-dev] Raw Win32 WebKit Demo code does not work

Fuenty, Chris chris.fuenty at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 20:11:44 PST 2008

Roger wrote:
> hi, Fuenty,What i want to make sure is, Webkit is registered as a COM
> object in Windows? And if so, do you have any like IDL file that I can do
> myself to generate the tlb file which is needed to call COM object via
> .net?
>
> Thanks
> Roger

> > Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:09:02 -0600
> > From: chris.fuenty at gmail.com
> > To: rogeryu23 at msn.com
> > CC: webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org
> > Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Raw Win32 WebKit Demo code does not work
> >
> > Roger wrote:
> > > That is really cool!! I am waiting for your update
> > > My requirement is to do test automation on the safari. But I think
> > > that might be impossible to manipulate Safari directly so I am
> > > thinking about building a browser based on Webkit on windows and then
> > > manipulate this customized browser.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Roger

> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2007-November/002864.html

> CLSID

> > > with
> > > > >>

> <http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan>

> for the
> 533 if

> interested

> right

> the old
> > > with
> day or

> this is a

> > > Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it now!
> > >
> <http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008>
> > Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but unless there's a high demand I
> > don't plan on updating that code anytime soon. Sorry.
> >
> > I would suggest learning a bit of C++ just to build something
> functional
> > in MSVC and doing tests from there.

> Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.
> <http://biggestloser.msn.com/>
Hi Roger.

Just to note, Fuenty is my last name (I do Last, First style in my
EMail, my first email came like that, so I allways stuck to it.  Feel
free to call me Chris).

Second, the IDL files come with WebKit.  So you need to view those and
alter my code to update the functions in the IDL COM interface files.
If you want, feel free to EMail me privately (Sorry if this offends
anyone on the webkit team) to get more information on how my code works
and to get push access to the webkit.net repo, if you want to update
that code.  I'll be more than willing to talk to you via MSN or IRC.
I'm usually found in #Webkit on freenode under the nick Zimmy.