[webkit-dev] Removing ICU dependancy from WebKit?

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Fri Jan 25 00:43:11 PST 2008

I managed to cross-compile ICU based on Ryan Leavengood's description of
how he got it to work. My steps are for compiling on Linux for AROS, but
you might be able to work something out based on them:

  http://cataclysm.cx/git/cgit.cgi?url=icu/tree/BUILD.AROS

FYI, I'm intending to remove the ICU dependency on my platform in favour
of our native codeset library, one of the reasons being that the ICU
build process is going to be an impediment for other developers on my
platform. I won't be in a position to do this for some months though as
there are far more important jobs to do for my port first.

Rob.