[webkit-dev] Safari not connecting to IPv6 server with numeric address

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Jan 18 20:39:14 PST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 8:18 PM, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> If I try connecting to my web server, on my local network, which is
> running Apache 2 with IPv6, the following fails:
>
> http://[fe80::230:65ff:fed6:b164%en0]/
>
> Yet at the same time, from the command line:
>
> telnet -6 "fe80::230:65ff:fed6:b164%en0" 80
>
> connects. Typing in:
>
> GET /
>
> results in a returned page. Is this a webkit issue or a safari issue?

Neither WebKit nor Safari.

In WebKit on Mac OS X, host names in URLs are interpreted by the NSURL
family of classes in the Foundation framework.

So if that's not working, it's most likely an issue in either
Foundation or the CFNetwork library that is used by the NSURL classes.
You can report the bug at <http://bugreport.apple.com>.

     -- Darin