[webkit-dev] Pulling together on WebKit Mobile

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:28:53 PST 2008

I took Dan's advice, and modified my config.h as follows:

#if PLATFORM(WIN)
#define WTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS 1
#define WTF_USE_NPOBJECT 1
#undef WTF_PLATFORM_CG
#define WTF_PLATFORM_CAIRO 1
#undef WTF_USE_CFNETWORK
#define WTF_USE_WININET 1
#undef WTF_PLATFORM_CF
#define WTF_USE_PTHREADS 0
#endif

<aside>We should probably come up with a new name for a 'native' windows
build, such as used by Adobe/AIR, Windows mobile, and a true native Windows
build.</aside>

I also modified Visual Studio's environment to find the Cairo headers and
link libraries.

I then started "build-webkit" and went and did other things for about an
hour.  The build produces quite a few errors, many of which are just CG-isms
that I conditionalized away.  In a few cases, I resurrected the old Cairo
backend code, in others I just marked them as 'notImplemented()'.

At this point, the remaining errors are due to the Visual Studio project
compiling the CG modules.  I'm not sure how best to approach this:

1.  Create a brand new project for non-CG Windows
2.  Create new build targets in the existing solution for the non-CG target.
3.  ?

-Brent