[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore constructor callback and class questions

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Jan 9 09:44:24 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 8:24 PM, Dan Waylonis wrote:

> Can any information (e.g., name or JSClassRef) about the class being
> constructed be extracted from the "constructor" argument? I don't
> get any enumerable properties from it. I did noticed that the memory
> address of the "constructor" argument is identical to the one that I
> got when I called JSObjectMakeConstructor() and set it as a property
> on the global object.

The constructor object is the same object that you created; that's why
it has the same memory address.

When creating it, you can store any pointer you like in that object.
You'd use the JSObjectSetPrivate function, and then get the value back
with JSObjectGetPrivate.

I think that will be sufficient for what you're trying to do.

     -- Darin