[webkit-dev] [platform/networking] Misc information,
confusion and disinformation for porters
zecke at selfish.org
Sun Jan 6 08:00:26 PST 2008
this mail is a small summary of issues I have seen while working with the
networking code and making my platform(s) work.
1.) Get the InspectorClient going (it is really simple) and then be brave and
then call Settings::setDeveloperExtrasEnabled(true) on your page. You might
see immediate crashes, which you can fix. Once you can load pages with the
Inspector on you can easily see if you have a Request and Response in the
networking view, otherwise you have something wrong in your reporting and can
- The CookieJar and its methods are normally only used for JS code.
- Cookie parsing can be tricky
- The CookieJar get method should return all cookies (otherwise
mail.yahoo.com will make fun out of you). ;)
- Depending on your networking lib you might need/want to set the cookies
from the Jar on the request
- ResourceHandleClient::willSendRequest has an in/out parameter, as the
API documentation is saying, honor that :)
- If you wonder what to do if you get a redirect on POST, check
MainResourceLoader::isPostOrRedirectAfterPost for the answer.
4.) Use WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-httpd and or
WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests and watch the smoke and smell your
platform is producing. A patch to make both work on GNU/Ubuntu/Debian/Linux
can be found here and I hope it will be in trunk soon.
anyway, I hope this is helping someone.
PS: This is the third attempt...
More information about the webkit-dev