[webkit-dev] WIN XP Build Error

Daniel Zucker zucker at wake3.com
Mon Feb 25 08:42:46 PST 2008

Hi Ivan,

I am seeing this bug also (on Vista).  I suggest filing a bug report on it.

Here is a workaround:
1.  Manually fix the line endings in
C:\WebKit\WebKitBuild\obj\Interfaces\Release\include\autoversion.h using
your favorite editor.  There is another autoversion.h file (can't remember
the location off the top of my head now), that you will have to fix as well.
2.  Disable C:\WebKit\WebKitLibraries\win\tools\scripts\auto-version.sh so
that the fixes you did in step 1. are not clobbered.
3.  Build as normal

This should get you building.

I noticed that auto-version.sh changed on Feb. 12-13, so I suspect this is
where the problem was introduced.  I'm not sure why more people aren't
seeing this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dan