[webkit-dev] Rounded border rendering

Fabian Jakobs fabian.jakobs at 1und1.de
Wed Feb 20 01:52:47 PST 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to implement cross browser rounded border support for
qooxdoo [1]. One thing I noticed was that webkit renders rounded borders
really strange if the border widths are different. The result in firefox
is much more pleasant. I have attached a small html test file and
screenshots in firefox 3 and webkit to illustrate it. I couldn't  find
any hints in the CSS3 draft of how rounded borders should be rendered
but I think the FF approach looks much better.

Another issue is that the '-webkit-border-radius' does not support the
shorthand mode but '-moz-border-radius' does.

Is this behaviour intended or should I report this as a bug?

Best Fabian

--
Fabian Jakobs
JavaScript Framework Developer

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Andreas Gauger, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Achim Weiss