[webkit-dev] Re: WebKit Incremental Layout

David Carson dacarson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:17:25 PST 2008

the main issue that it tries to address is that on really really slow
networks, the user goes to a site and takes a long time to load, and
they think the browser has stopped working or is not doing anything
and give up and cancel the load.
By showing some content, some progress, the user can see that there is
activity and will continue to wait for the page to load.
Again, this is for slow network connections (ie low bandwidth)

Davidc