[webkit-dev] Re: Qt's default webkit user agent

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Tue Feb 12 02:55:09 PST 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Alp Toker wrote:
> (It's disappointing to see the growing number of WebCore changes in Qt's
> git tree that could benefit the whole project. Are you planning to
> submit these changes for review?)

All of our changes are supposed to go into trunk. This is not always happening
immediately unfortunately, but we currently have merged all changes until two
weeks ago into trunk. So saying the number of changes in our tree is growing
is IMO not really correcy. We're currently trying to get our Qt 4.4 beta out,
and are therefore a bit slow with merging and submitting our changes.

But one large change we did (fixing a crash with navigator.plugins and
autogenerating the bindings) is now hanging in the review queue for almost 4
weeks. We currently can't afford to wait that long for some fixes to go in.
Most of us can't hang our on IRC late every evening neither which seems to be
often a requirement to push things forward.

As I said earlier, we don't like working outside svn, but with having a
deadline to release a product and with WebKit trunk currently moving ahead
and implementing new features we didn't really have a choice.

Lars