[webkit-dev] [Q] License

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Wed Feb 6 18:36:10 PST 2008

Am Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:53:12 -0600
schrieb David C Matthews <dcm at c-sw.com>:

> Greetings-
>
> I am new to WebKit, and have a licensing question.  When I was
> downloading one of the "pieces" (i.e. Support Libraries?) from Apple,
> the license indicated that the software was not to be
> distributed/used for commercial ventures without written
> consent.  I'm paraphrasing, but how does one consider using WebKit
> for a commercial product?
>
> -David C Matthews, Cotton Software Inc

I assume you are referring to the proprietary parts of the Win port.
That was as far as I know mainly introduced to save time and efforts
in getting a build done for use with Safari. It's not intended to be
widely used.

You will want to look at the current efforts to replace Apple's
frameworks with Cairo and other technology that is freely available.

Regards,
    Christian Dywan