[webkit-dev] releasing cached resources

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Feb 5 07:43:37 PST 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 16:23:12 zaheer ahmad wrote:
> hi,
> iam working with gtk port of webkit. iam trying to optimize the ram usage.
> one of the optimization is to disallow caching images and not supporting
> the forward/backward navigation. however i observe that not all the cached
> resources are being released as part of the closing of page. this is
> because for these the reference count (CachedResource::referenced() is
> still >0) event after the html image element has released it.

Hey,
the Gtk port might leak a 'sub' Frame (at least a FrameView). The easy fix is
to add a frameView->deref() in the webkitwebframe.cpp method used for
creating subframes.
I'm working on PageCache for the Gtk+ port and I'm also taking a look at the
reference counting of Frame's and FrameViews but I'm a bit short of time due
learning for exams.

kind regards
	z.

PS: The above is a guess